Drupal performance tutorial at PHPNW 7 October
This blog post is more than 5 years old, so the content may be out of date.
The PHP North-West conference is an annual conference favourite of mine...This year they're running a tutorial day for the first time - and I'm pleased to say I'm running a tutorial on Drupal performance (and the tools we use to make Drupal faster).
I'll be talking about topics including:
- Basic tools - such as Drupal's core caching
- APC, Memcache, the daemons and the modules
- Varnish (and other reverse-proxies including Squid and Zeus traffic manager)
- Benchmarking and profiling tools
- Writing modules which take advantage of Drupal's caching and performance APIs
- ESI and Pressflow 7
Head over to the PHPNW tutorial page for more information and to buy a ticket - hope to see you there!
Oh, and if you have a performance problem with your site, bring along your code and database and I'll try to help make it quicker - free consultancy included in the ticket-price :-)